About me

I am one of those quirky Bulleteers who spend more money on their thumpers than on their wives. Being a bachelor does make the job a lot easier. However I have never being shy of trying out new things on my royal ride. Since the time I got my own bullet, I have steadily experimented with mods.

Mind you these are not mods that aim to change the look of Bullet and make it a “HARDLY Davidson”. No thank you. I very much love the old style charm of Royal Enfield. These are mods that aim to get the best out of your Enfield so that you can break a leg with your ride without literally breaking your leg starting it.

So in the interest of the “Bullet brotherhood”, I am sharing my list of mods that have actually made my Bullet experience better. Please do feel free to post in the comments section any products that you feel deserve mentioning in my list.

Also read my review on Bullet mechanics in Delhi NCR and Must have Royal Enfield Bullet accessories



Monday, November 23, 2015

Boyer bransen powerbox (PBOX00105) review

PBOX00105
Boyer bransen powerbox

One of the reasons I bought Bullet Enfield was because I thought it was completely mechanical machine and could run even without a battery. Imagine my dismay when I found out this wasn't true. The fact that this realization dawned on me when I was 20 kms from anywhere made the experience even more bitter. The battery just died on me and so did my engine. It was not until I hitch-hiked and replaced the old battery with a new one did my bullet
come to life again. 
Since that day the biggest question plaguing me has been how to convert my bullet so that even in case my battery dies my bull should at least be able to take me to nearest mechanic. The answer came to me in the form of this very compact unit from Hitchcock motorcycles. The best thing about this unit is that it can be installed with your existing battery. In case the battery fails this system takes over. Even though you have to kickstart the engine, once the engine starts running all your electrical and system will work normally. I was wrong in thinking it was the only benefit of this unit. Kickstarting my bike since has become so much easier that mostly I don’t have to kick more than once, even on a cold morning, before the engine comes to life. 
This mod is a must have for people who do not want to drag their bullet because their battery decided to die middle of nowhere.

Pros or advantages of Boyer bransen powerbox

The only solution for battery alternative on bullet motorcycles. Compact and extremely light weight. Works with and without battery. You can even remove heavy battery and replace it with this light weight compact system if you don’t mind kickstarting your Bull every time. Improve kickstarting.

Cons or disadvantages of Boyer bransen powerbox

Pricey. Not easily available. Heats up so has to be fixed in well ventilated area. Needs proper electrical mechanic to have it fixed. 

Further improvements required in Boyer bransen powerbox

This product needs dealers in India. Price can be much cheaper too.

User tips for Boyer bransen powerbox

Kindly check the compatibility of the powerbox with your model of Bullet. This model works well only with three phase alternator system. So in case you have the older bullet using single phase alternator you might have to purchase PBOX00108. Also it is imperative that the powerbox is placed on a flat surface with plenty of air circulation. So plan your placement accordingly.

Where to buy Boyer bransen powerbox

Can only be bought online from Hitchcock motorcycles. They have to be paid for product as well as shipping. Depending on your location in India it can take as much as 15 days for product to be delivered. 

Price (approx) of Boyer bransen powerbox

Rs. 7000/-  + shipping and additional Rs 2500/-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Reader,

I encourage you to post your views in the comment section. However kindly keep in mind that everyone has their own views and no one must force one's view on another. With this in mind request you to keep your discussions courteous and respectful. Kindly avoid Inflammatory or insulting messages.

Wish you all fruitful exchange of ideas.