About me

I am one of those quirky Bulleteers who spend more money on their thumpers than on their wives. Being a bachelor does make the job a lot easier. However I have never being shy of trying out new things on my royal ride. Since the time I got my own bullet, I have steadily experimented with mods.

Mind you these are not mods that aim to change the look of Bullet and make it a “HARDLY Davidson”. No thank you. I very much love the old style charm of Royal Enfield. These are mods that aim to get the best out of your Enfield so that you can break a leg with your ride without literally breaking your leg starting it.

So in the interest of the “Bullet brotherhood”, I am sharing my list of mods that have actually made my Bullet experience better. Please do feel free to post in the comments section any products that you feel deserve mentioning in my list.

Also read my review on Bullet mechanics in Delhi NCR and Must have Royal Enfield Bullet accessories



Monday, November 23, 2015

NGK Iridium spark plugs review


BPR5EIX-11

NGK Iridium Spark 
Plug Enfield bullet 500 BPR5EIX-11



CPR7EAIX-9

NGK Iridium Spark 
Plug Enfield bullet 
500 CPR7EAIX-9
The claims for these spark plugs touch the sky, with it providing everything from improved throttle response to Fuel efficiency and though many of these claims were not apparent at first, I noticed that after installation of these plugs, kick starting my Bullet was much easier. After a time I also noticed a marginal increase in mileage. These spark plugs are extremely reliable and I have never once had any issues with them. Since my Bullet is UCE 500 twinspark I am using BPR5EIX-11 and CPR7EAIX-9.

Pros or advantages of NGK Iridium spark plugs

Extremely dependable, Marginal increase in fuel efficiency, Improved Kick starting

Cons or issues with NGK Iridium spark plugs

Not easy to find or get information about. 

Further improvements required in NGK Iridium spark plugs

Ease of accessibility to the products. More information on how to choose the right spark plug for your model. Better vendor awareness of the product.

Usage instructions for NGK Iridium spark plugs

When buying through an NGK vendor it would be best if you take your existing spark plugs along so that they can give you the right match.

Where to buy NGK Iridium spark plugs

Can be bought online through ebay or Amazon. People living in NCR can try the NGK dealer in Karol Bagh

Price (approx) of NGK Iridium spark plugs

Rs. 1300/- for set of two


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Reader,

I encourage you to post your views in the comment section. However kindly keep in mind that everyone has their own views and no one must force one's view on another. With this in mind request you to keep your discussions courteous and respectful. Kindly avoid Inflammatory or insulting messages.

Wish you all fruitful exchange of ideas.